Saturday, March 31, 2012

A wild and crazy ride

Here is a recap of the events of the week. Monday our filed was opened at the US Embassy. Yippee!!! Tuesday we were CLEARED by the US Embassy! What!?! Wowzers!! THAT IS AWESOME!!!! Seriously I don't know if anyone has cleared that fast. Tuesday was spent telling our good news and trying to decide what to do first with all that we needed to get done. Wednesday we woke up to the news that our Embassy appointment would be April 9th. April 9th will be our "Gotcha Day" and our little man will be in our arms FOREVER!!! :) Since we had a confirmed date, I needed to hear from our agency in order to know exactly what day we needed to be in Ethiopia and which day we would leave. Granted we kind of figured this out b/c we knew it was 2 days before and 2 days after, but I was waiting to hear the official word. Then it was time to book tickets. We had a couple of options to pick from.We put some tickets on hold. Then we had to email our agency with our intinerary. (They have to approve it so that we aren't getting their too early/late and that we aren't leaving too early/late.) After their approval, then time to BOOK those tickets. All of that on top of regular life's activities. Thursday and Friday for the most part were spent figuring out what the plan was for the girls while we were gone, getting our transportation to and from the airport figured out, making appointments for our little man when he gets home, as well as working on lesson plans. I currently have 4 days of school left for this school year. Needless to say, I was caught a little off guard when we thought it would be at least the beginning of May..at the earliest. Once again, God shows me that I am not in control and He continues to laugh at me thinking that I am. ;) I'm working on lesson plans for next week. I will be there for that week. The following week's lesson plans need to be done as we will be out of the country. The week after that's lesson plans are being done b/c I can't imagine I'll have the time/energy to get those done once we get home. Planning and preparing for 3 weeks worth of school is challenging. After we are home, I'll be going in each weekend to do plans...one week at a time. I don't have my school stuff totally done, but it is coming together nicely. Today is our baby shower which couldn't have fallen at a better time. Now it is time to focus on a baby!! Now only a baby, but OUR SON! We leave in less than a week. We have waited and waited and waited for this time to come. It will soon be here and it doesn't seem like it is happening. In 2 weeks we will be a family of five all under the same roof! :) When will this seem real? Our girls are 14 and 10 and we are going back to the baby days. Part of that is scary especially with all of the unknowns with an adopted child. WE CAN'T WAIT!!! This past week has been nothing more than a wild and crazy ride, but it has been awesome and the end result will be more amazing than we can ever imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment