Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No Embassy submission

Our agency submits to the Embassy on Mondays meaning most families hear of their submissions on Tuesday. Since it is as late as it is in the day, I'm guessing that means that we were not submitted this week. They say 2-3 weeks for submission. We are just a little bit past 2 weeks so we would have been pushing it, but....one could hope. ;) My thoughts are that if the Embasssy is going to drag their feet, let's getting submitted to Embassy as quick as possible. Right now the "submitting to Embassy" is really the staff at Hannah's Hope getting all of the legal documents ready for little Y to official be ours. Since we passed court, he is legally ours in the eyes of the Ethiopian government. They have to get a new birth certificate as well as some other legal documents before they can "submit" the paperwork requesting a visa. We know that the staff at HH is doing all they can to do this in a timely manner. It just takes so much longer doing this paperwork "stuff" in a third world country. It isn't as easy as sitting down at the computer, typing in some information, and printing it out. So we wait to see if we hear any word next week.

I did some serious number crunching last night. Lots of people from our agency are on the "Post Referral List." It lists when they got their referral, when they went to court, and when they came home. Funny I would even bother looking at this because there really isn't a rhyme or reason for how things happen. If I looked correctly, there have been 7 families that have brought their children home this year. Their wait between the two trips varied from 7 weeks to 15 weeks. There were quite a few at 13 weeks. 13 weeks puts us at the end of May. It certainly is better to be the end of May instead of June or July.If it gets too late in the summer before we get home, I'll have to take some time off at the beginning of the school year. That is a tough part of the school year to miss, but if I have to I have to. In the ideal/fantasy world, I'd love to be home the beginning of May. I'd selfishly like to be home with our little man for a couple of weeks just Mommy and baby before the chaos of summer hits.

Time will tell. Right now, I'm content and calm and trusting in God's perfect timing. There is a family that took 6.5 weeks to be submitted to Embassy. They were cleared the next week. What in the world?! No rhyme or reason. There is no sense in me trying to figure things out. It just helps my head/heart to have some idea. So...I'm holding on to the hope that we will be submited next week. I'm holding on to the hope we will be home by the end of May. If it is earlier...praise God!

I pray that I can continue to be content in His perfect timing. I pray that I can wait with a HAPPY heart and not a HEAVY heart. God has been with us for over 2 years as we took this leap of faith and ventured on this journey we never thought we would take. We know He won't leave us now. We also know that the hardest days are the days ahead. Knowing he is our son and not knowing when we get to hold him, kiss him, and love on him. We can't wait to share our precious bundle with all of you that have been so faithful to us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment