Monday, March 5, 2012

Day #4

After breakfast, we went to HH for our last visit. The babies were out sunning, so we hung out. Jason fed our little man and I played with the others. They babies are so happy at HH. Such a comfort when leaving our baby a world away. ****DISCLAIMER**** Hannah's Hope is a transition home and not an orphanage therefore why the care is sooooo amazing!!! I ended up taking our little man since he was fussing so much for Jason. The special mother came and got him from me as I couldn't calm him down either. She got him to sleep and then gave him back to us.  When all the babies went in for bottles/naps, we went to our "regular" family room. We were told by our agency to "keep our emotions in check" during our last visit. They said how things were hard enough for the kiddos without the parents being all upset. Totally understand and agree. I had the motto of "live in the moment" all week. I was very proud of myself as I did well. Our agency also talked about how the kids seem to have a 6th sense when it comes to that last day. They said they almost always see a difference in the behaviors of the kids. He totally avoided us. He had very few smiles and would NOT have any eye contact with us. Stinker! I did well living in the moment until 1:20. We had about 10 minutes until we were going to leave. I passed him over to his dad for his last hold. The tears started. It couldn't be helped. We took our little man back to his special mothers. We handed him over to them, tears streaming down our faces. As far as Ethiopia is concerned, we are his parents and he is our son. We have no idea when the US will clear us to come and get him.  We went back to the hotel. Jason napped and I was on the internet trying to send pictures. Had supper at the hotel. By 7:30 pm, we were packed up and heading to the airport for our 11:25pm flight to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment