Saturday, March 31, 2012

A gift from Heaven

Today was our baby shower. This post is not about that. That post has to wait until tomorrow when I can add pictures. ;)

Those of you that are close to me and have been friends with me for a long time, know how important my grandma Elsie was to me. Our oldest is named after her...Micala Elsie. She rode 3 hours to see Micala when she was less than 3 hours old. Special. She made a longer trip to visit Lexi in Bowdle after she was born. My grandma has 2 daughters, but I was given the special gift of her wedding ring. I have letters sent to me that have stories in them that nobody else knew. She was a special, special lady. There have been many times where I have thought about my grandma wishing she could meet this special little man. Today at our shower, there was a box from my parents and from Grandma Elsie. Hmmm?! In it was a jean quilt she had made. Tears! The sappiness continues as I have had time to think about this. My grandma made lots of these quilts. Each of the grandchildren got one. My girls never got one, but our little man will have one. My girls got to meet their Great-Grandma Elsie, but Kobe won't. My mom found this quilt that my grandma had made. It was an extra....or Great Grandma Elsie really has met our son and has now given him a very special gift. A gift from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment