Sunday, March 11, 2012

Reality is starting to sink in

It is hard to believe that is has only been one week since we returned home from ET. One week. Feels like an eternity. We landed in the US on Saturday. It took me until Thursday to get my body adjusted back to the 9 hour time difference. This past week was a whirlwind trying to get my physical bearings back. It was also a very busy week. Now that I've adjusted back to our time zone, I'm gotten some sleep, and had a little down time...reality is starting to sink in. I don't like reality.  The reality is that our little man is legally our son. The reality is that he will be 6 months old tomorrow. 6 months that he hasn't had a mom/dad/family. The reality is that we still have months before we get to bring him home. The reality is that no matter how busy we are, our hearts ache for our little boy. I know we need to live in the moment, cherish today, etc..I know we need to enjoy life as a family of four. However, we aren't a family of four. We are a family of five. No matter how busy we are, how much we live in the moment, how much we cherish the memories with our girls, our hearts ache. It is just the beginning of this tough road. Each stage of the wait gets more and more difficult. We know the end results will be worth the wait, until then...I don't like reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment