Tuesday, March 27, 2012

We are CLEARED!!!!

Where do I start this? Good luck sticking to one subject at this point in the game. Ha! I'll start at the beginning of our day. Both emails we have gotten from the Embassy came at about 8:00 am. Our file was just opened yesterday so I wasn't really thinking we would have much for email from them today besides saying they were requesting a police officer interview. At 7:15 am, I thought "What the heck! I'll check." What a blessing that was! I open my email and see a message (didn't look to see who it was from) and it said "CASE CLEARED" in the subject line. No way! Could be this for real? Okay...don't get excited yet. This isn't possible. I opened the email and read it. Yes it WAS possible. It WAS real! Jason was out of town with some school kids. Both the girls are in bed. I'm freaking out! I tried Jason's phone. No answer. I went to Micala sobbing and hysterically. I said, "We get to bring "K" home." We hugged, cried (sobbed), and thanked God. Then she asked if Lexi knew. Nope. She ran to tell her and I got on the phone. I did get ahold of Jason. Geez he went to breakfast without his phone. He thought he wouldn't be gone long, but....he was gone long enough. ;) At this time the girls are calling people and I'm calling people. So glad I had this email so early in the morning so we had time to share before having to head off to school. Micala has since said that she thought someone had died. I guess when she talked to my mom, she was the same way. :) She was crying so hard my mom couldn't understand her. So sweet!!! Lexi started to eat breakfast and turned and said, "I can't eat." These girls are ready to have their brother home.

The email from the Embassy said that they were booked the week of the 2-6. The head of HH had requested the 5th, but she didn't know they were booked. 2 things could happen. The Embassy will email her and say that date doesn't work, the next available is this date and we have the family put into that spot. Or they will say they are booked and then ask her to pick a date. We hope to know tomorrow when we get up. I'm guessing there will be some emails going back and forth b/t the Embassy and the head of HH. All of these emails are CC to us. Hmmm...wonder if I will sleep tonight or if I'll be refreshing my computer all night. ;)

It was pointed out to me that we got our Christmas miracle and now we are going to get an Easter blessing. Our referral was on the eve of Ethiopia's Christmas. Their Easter is the 15th so...he will be home (or close to it) by then.

It used to be about 4 weeks in between trips in the "good ol' days." Then the Embassy started to scrutinize every case. Seriously...I think we hold a record. I don't know if anyone has been opened one day and cleared the next. We are praising God for all of His amazing and wonderful things He has done. I'm so thankful that we have AGCI as our agency and Hannah's Hope as our transition home. They really are very proactive and try to be one step ahead on the paper "game." What a blessing! So the 17 months on the wait list were hard. Yet now that I'm at this point..it was better to wait at the beginning and to have things go fast now. Thank you God and AGCI.

I have so much to do. I will be taking the last of the school year off. We do not have this house ready for a baby to be here SOON! I haven't been able to do anything right now. I'm just spinning in circles. We are anxious to find out when our Embassy date it. Then we wait to hear from our agency to find out what day we leave and come back. We have to be there 2 days before the Embassy appointment and 2 days after, plus 2 days travel. I had a friend last night that prayed for a "wild and crazy ride" for us. Guess what....we got it! We might be leaving next week!!! We just need to get our date figured out so we can get things figured out for the girls, plus school, plane tickets, etc...

I got to talk to our case worker today. We missed meeting her in Ethiopia by 2 weeks. Then I was excited she was going to meet our little man. Then I was upset to think he was going to be in the hospital and she might miss him. Well--she saw him!! I got 6 new pictures. Very cool! He is so happy. Even another traveling family made the comment about the smiley baby. :) Sounds like he will fit in.

Thank you all so much for your love, support, and prayers! I know I could feel your prayers so often. We know that we have some very hard days ahead of us. We will still need your prayers. Our little guy will be plucked from everything he has ever known. He will be seriously grieving the loss of EVERYTHING!! We look different, sound different, smell different. It will be so hard in so many ways.

Until tomorrow when we have a date......

No comments:

Post a Comment