Friday, February 26, 2010

There is always something to do

Today was a "calm" day on our journey. I came home from school and called the doctor to see about the documents I was waiting for. The part time nurse was there so I didn't learn as much as I could have. She said that on Wednesday the other nurse was working on stuff and it was on the doctor's desk. So.....HOPEFULLY that means it won't be too much longer. Thanks for the additional prayers. We really appreciate them. I scheduled physicals since I know it takes awhile to get in for "healthy" stuff. My appointment is April 13. Wow! That is a long time away when paper work will be on hold again until the next list of stuff gets turned in and cleared. If things work out to use Catholic Family Services, we will be in a push to get our home study done. It has to be completed in 120 days after application. I was told it rarely ever takes that long. Our case worker will be going on maternity leave the first of June so we will want to have everything done by then IF possible. Our home study consists of 2 office visits and then the actual home study. If I don't get paperwork in until the middle/end of April, it will be pushing it to get it finished by June first. So--I contacted AGCI to see if any doctor could do our physicals or if it had to be our primary one. She said it could be any one! That is good news b/c I know I can get in sooner then. It is ALWAYS something to think about. I know we need FBI fingerprinting. I was told that once upon a time, the only place to get that done was in SF. My dad works for dispatch and I had him check to see where they do FBI fingerprinting. He thinks any Sheriff's office can do this. That would be awesome as we were thinking we'd have to take time off from school to drive to get them done. I think that is all I know for today. I don't know if these posts make any sense. My mind is a big foggy from time to time. I've done well with the being patient part. However, the control freak in me wants to know when we will get our fingerprints done, when we will get our physicals, blah, blah, blah.....I want to PLAN it out as I am a planner. I guess I need to try to let go of that a bit. That is very hard to do. At least we have decent news today.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure any sheriff's office can do your fingerprints for the homestudy. When you get to the step of the I800 (or whatever it is called with Ethipia)..dealing with NBC..they will send you a fingerprint appt. where you have to go to a USCIC place for fingerprints. May have to go to SF for that one! We are getting ready to go AGAIN since our I800 expires in May (it's good for 15 mo. and since ours is taking so long).

    ReplyDelete