Friday, February 19, 2010

Changes, changes, changes

One thing that I'm slowly learning is how quickly things change in the adopting world. Last night really had me down in the dumps. Try to follow this. We are working with the agency called All God's Children International. (AGCI) They are based out of Oregon. Obviously we need to get a SD based agency to do our home study. There is an agency that AGCI works with in SD. We contacted them. I haven't felt comfortable with them from the beginning or we would have chosen them since they are in state. I talked to AGCI and they didn't agree with the costs this other agency was going to charge us for the home study. There was a huge difference. I am not sure why. However...what could we do if they were the only one we could get to do our home study? AGCI said we could find a different agency to do our home study as long as they met certain criteria IF we could even find someone that could/would do it. Bethany Christian Services is also is SD. I was VERY impressed with them in the questioning stage of the game, but just felt AGCI was the way to go. Also--AGCI has their own orphanage in Ethiopia. Bonus! So last night I was looking for places I could call today to see if they could do our home study. Bethany will not do them for other agencies which I TOTALLY agree with. So I was in quite the tizzy wondering if we were going to have to switch agencies to prevent us from having to have our home study done by the one that made me so uncomfortable. I will admit this is the biggest tizzy I have been in. That is so impressive that I've been so calm about all of this. God is teaching me patience and He is teaching me to chill out when it is out of my control. :) I called Catholic Family Services (CFS) today to see if they do home studies and to see if they would meet the criteria, etc....They said "Yes!" They have worked with AGCI before and were willing to do what AGCI wanted/needed. I talked to AGCI and they were mailing an agreement to this CFS. IF they can meet all of the requirements....we will be good to go. The lady from CFS didn't think it would be a problem. She too was great to talk to. She was going to send paper work to us in the mail so we have it as soon as we get the okay. Here is the best part of the whole deal.....this agency is in Aberdeen while the others were in Sioux Falls. It will be nice to pay mileage for a 2 hour round trip instead of an 8 hour round trip. I'm so excited! I hope and pray this works out. So--last night I was down in the dumps wondering what to do. I really like AGCI as they have been wonderful and we are only in the beginning of this process. They make me feel like I'm the only person that they are working with. That is so important when doing what we are doing. I didn't want to leave then, but thought we might have to so we could switch to Bethany to avoid having this other agency do our home study. We would lose ground as our application is already in at AGCI and we'd have to start back at ground zero if we switched. It still amazes me how fast things turn around in this whole adventure. It truly is an adventure! God is continuing to provide. I am reassured more and more each day that this is what His plan is for us. I'm glad we listened. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment