Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm human therefore I'm anxious

I'm really ready for it to be Sunday and for our little man to be in our arms. People say to me, "Aren't you excited?" Yes, but to be honest I'm anxious. There are so many unknowns on so many different levels. I'm so emotionally and physically tired. I know it is just the beginning, but I feel I must get some decent sleep before this adventure is placed upon us. God has been with us every step of the way. I know He will not leave us. We know He already knows how our little guy will react to us, how attachment will go, how sick he will be when he comes home, etc...However, I can't help but to let my mind wander and wonder. I just want to get this next stage started. I wasn't sure if I should post this, but I've tried to keep this blog REAL.

I've been gone all day tonight. I get home and got on the computer to an email from our agency stating that the visa process in Ethiopia would change. Yippee..another change in government. When we landed last time in Ethiopia, we went and got a one time visa. Now they are changing it so that you can have an all the time visa. (good long enough to get you through both trips) Of course, the cost is lots higher with this visa. The biggest stress....nobody really knows when it will go into effect. People are needing to get their visa BEFORE they travel. Oh well that is just great news. We leave in three days! There is no way we can get a visa before we travel. We might be stressing for nothing b/c we don't know when this change is going to take place. Our agency has been super, super good. However, they sent the traveling families this email and they aren't available tomorrow due to training. Seriously?! Well--I know they will have lots of emails and phone calls to return when they get back on Thursday.

Breathe, pray, trust repeat. Ha!! So much easier to just FREAK OUT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment