Thursday, April 26, 2012

Follow up appointment

Yesterday we had a follow up appointment. Kobe's lungs sounded good. They had to do more lab work. We went to the pediatric floor of the hospital for the blood draw. It was nice to see some of the nurses again. They were so excited to see our little charmer. It is terrible to listen to him scream as they poke him. With the girls, I was always with them during these things. Last week, I was with him during the blood draw in the Bowdle ER as well as the Aberdeen ER. That was enough for me. He doesn't understand that I'm there for support and that I am not the one hurting him. So--I let them take him from me, poke him, and then bring him back to me. I wait with open arms to love on him and comfort him. I think it is best under the circumstances. We didn't have a video teleconference with the doctor in Sioux Falls. We have an appointment with her on Monday. We hope to get to the bottom of the crazy lab numbers. We are so glad we have just a happy baby. He really has been a trooper through all of this. His world was seriously taken away from him. He comes to America where EVERYTHING is different and then he has repeat doctor's appointments where they stick him, poke on him, etc... Poor thing. Yet through it all...he smiles! The smile of this little boy melts the heart of anyone that comes in contact with him. I think God has some big plans for this little boy. We are sooooo blessed to have this new addition to our family.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor boy...and poor mama!!! I ALWAYS take my hubby with me on shot days. He holds them down and I'm the comforter. Works great for us...but he's got a pretty flexible schedule. AND we didn't have this many appointments. Praying the end is near and Kobe will be feeling better SOON!

    ReplyDelete