Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The bags are packed

Okay after our scare/freak out with the changing of how they do the visas upon entering the country of Ethiopia we did get some more information. They don't know for sure when the change will go into effect. Since we leave so soon, we should be okay. Wow..that was a nice freak out.

Well---the bags are packed! I'm impressed that they actually zip shut and that they aren't overweight. I had to finish up things tonight as tomorrow night we will be in church and then we leave early on Friday am. I know I over-packed. I really didn't have a clue as to how many clothes to take for our little guy. I know they say we can use the laundry services, but what cute clothes get to go and what ones stay? Tough call! I know I packed more food/snacks than we need. I think that we will want more snacks as we will pretty much be hanging out at the hotel the whole time. We are taking a hot pot with us with oatmeal, Ramen noodles, Easy Mac, etc...We will have more meals to eat so this way we can have American food more often than not. ;)

Tomorrow is my last day of school for the school year. Something I didn't expect 2 weeks ago. So excited to look at God's perfect timing. We leave the day after Jason's birthday. We leave on Good Friday. We get to pick our son up on Easter Sunday. What an Easter blessing! A new life starting on Easter. Praise God!

Off to see if I can sleep before the thought of sleep is far from my mind with a "new" baby in the house. 9 hour time difference on top of everything in his world being changed. We smell different, look different, sound different. We know the tough days/weeks/months of transition are ahead of us. It could possibly be the hardest part of this whole journey. Yet I have to remind myself that God led us to adoption. He has blessed us over and over. That will not end. His blessings will continue and He isn't about to leave us now.

1 comment:

  1. This is so exciting! I can't believe that this day is finally here!!!1

    ReplyDelete