Thursday, January 26, 2012

WE HAVE A COURT DATE!

In roughly one month, we will be loving on our little boy!! You read that right. We have a court date and are heading to Ethiopia!!!! :) Ahhhh....soooooo excited!!! I always have my cell phone on silent on my desk at school and randomly check it. About 2:45 today, I see I missed a call. My heart skipped a beat b/c nobody really calls our cell phone especially during school hours. Do you want to view now or view later? View now!! It was our case worker B. I didn't even know what to think. The only reason she was going to be calling us now was to tell us that our little one was sick or to give us a court date. I listened to her voicemail. She said she wanted to check in on me, answer some of my questions, and discuss a few things with me. Just what was that supposed to mean?!!?! Thankfully my kids were at library when I saw this missed call, so I could call her back. She says, "I have some sad news." Ugh....must be that our little one is sick. She continued, "You will miss me." (She is going to be in Ethiopia in March) I said, "I will? When? When are we going? Ahhhhhhh" She said, "You will miss me by about 2 weeks." I said, "Before or after you?" Before! As much I would LOVE to meet her and in Ethiopia of all places, I really want to see my baby!!! :) Our court date is March 1. We have to be in Ethiopia at night on Feb. 27 and will leave there at night on March 2. I had 15 minutes left in my school day before I could spread the news to Jason. After the kids got dismissed, Lexi started to walk towards my room. I told her to come with me to Dad's room. Micala and some of her classmates were in there doing some Math. Lexi and I came and stood there for a bit. Jason was kind of busy with these kids. I don't even really remember what I said to him. Oops! Our kids were so excited. One of Micala's classmates hugged all of us. Then we had phone calls to make and Micala had a ball game. I called 2 travel agents. One got back to me tonight, but couldn't give me any information until tomorrow. I'm still waiting to hear back from the other one.

I'm so happy that we will get to go and see our little boy. I had some things piled up to take, now I can seriously pack. :) This doesn't seem real, but we are pumped!!!!!! Knowing that we have 5-10 weeks in between trips and knowing our case will probably take closer to the 10 weeks...I wanted to get the ball rolling. The timing works well as far as possible time home for good early in the summer. Time will tell.

I do have to say that in our excitement, there is part of me that is sad as there is a family that has had a referral a month longer than us that still doesn't have a court date. We were told they don't take the files in any order, but this is still hard. This journey has been hard. We know the further we go, the harder it will get. I ask for your continued prayers as we prepare to go and meet our precious son. I ask for prayers for all involved with every step of the way. We know God's timing is the best, but that isn't always easy to accept. Thanks for your support. One more step closer to our little boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment