Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Baby steps to our baby :)

Sunday--We finished all of our referral paperwork and got it all notarized.
Monday--Mailed referral paperwork! :) I had to email B and tell her we were going forward with Y! I guess they don't wait to get your paperwork. The ball is rolling! :)
Tuesday--A dear friend that is waiting for their Embassy appointment (trip #2) was told to expect to wait 5-10 weeks. UGH!! Punch to the gut. That is a long time. Also, it got me into a tizzy thinking about coming home in the middle of the summer instead of the beginning. By the time I went to bed, I was done freaking out and the logic was coming back. I looked at my little Y's picture and knew it would all be okay. :)
Wednesday--We had our "Referral Call" with E. We mailed Y's photo book to a friend that is going over for court soon. She will deliver it to our precious little boy. Thank you N. Even if Y doesn't know about it, I know he has it. It is a soft photo book that he can play with and chew on. He will be drooling all over his new family. HA!!!  I got an email from our case worker.  Hi Jason and Angie!  I hope you're day has been great!  I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that your paperwork for Y arrived today and all looked fantastic!  The form from your social worker also arrived today.  This means you are officially placed with little Y!  Congratulations! That was so fun to read!! : ) Also...the family that got their referral right before us on December 16, got a court date for next week! What in the world?!?! That is super quick and little notice. Wow! There is a family in front of them that is still waiting for their court date. :( So there is no way to predict anything in this journey. (even though we still try...ha) It all depends on paperwork especially on the Ethiopia side of things. There are some things that I need to do to feel a bit better about the possibility of a court date sooner than later. I can't imagine having 1-2 weeks before court. So I'll do a few things to ease my mind. Then we will wait another 3 months for court. (Just our luck..ha) Court has been going quickly, now if the Embassy would follow suit.  Micala and I primed Y's bedroom. The painting won't start until this weekend. Praying for all families in every step of this journey. It is not easy, but we know the end result will be AMAZING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment