Monday, August 22, 2011

Some fun news

First of all, I got a text from an AGCI friend telling me she got "the call." WOW!! I was freaking out for her. Tears of joy! She texted me about their new baby girl before she posted it. It was so fun to be in the know so early in this process. It really had me kind of freaking out thinking about us in that situation. There will be so many people to contact when we get our referral. I doubt I'll be able to focus. People that know me well will appreciate this....I'll probably call some people 4 times and others I will forget to call. HA!! Don't worry, I do have a list. So I was having a hard time focusing on things b/t this referral information plus the fact that a couple of families got court dates for November even though the courts are currently closed. I went and worked on some stuff for school. Then I went and checked the list serve to see what the latest was. Holy cow!!! Another referral. This time it was a boy. Not only a boy, but someone that was on both the boy and girl list. Now...I'm really freaking out!!!! Currently we are unofficially 15 for a girl and 6 maybe even 5 for a boy. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm living in the moment right now and am just pumped about the news. However, the realistic part of all of it is that this is very rare. The slow parts are soooo slow. The closer you get to the "front of the line" the harder it is when there is NO movement. I just thought I should share my thoughts from tonight as it is another important part of our journey. Praying hard we don't have to wait up to 18 months (which is the end of January) for our referral.

1 comment:

  1. YEA>>>love the single digit!!!! Oh I just can't wait to read the news when it's YOUR TURN!!!

    ReplyDelete