Monday, August 1, 2011

As the pieces continue to fit perfectly

Lots has happened in the past few days. First of all on Saturday, Jason and I got to sleep in our new bedroom!! :) We will never have a new house, but we got a new bedroom. It was/is sooo exciting!!! We started this bedroom add-on project last summer. What a relief to be able to move in. Jason is still working on the closet. It will be nice to have lots of extra space.
After over year of waiting for someone to come and cut the cement for Micala's egress window, her room is completely back to normal. :) I already posted about the window getting put in. The 2x4s have gone up and the insulation has been put in. The paneling has been put back up and the final coat of paint has been applied. This may seem like something little, but keep in mind that her room hasn't been complete for over a year. Little things, but Saturday was a big day in our world!!!
I was working part time as a dietary aide at the Nursing Home. I have been there since March of 2010. I knew that I wouldn't keep on working once school started as it is just too hard for me. I've been on the fence as to when I should quit. I kind of thought I should keep working for a couple of weeks into August. Well...I decided to quit at the end of July. I was going to help unload the truck and stock shelves on Thursdays through the school year and maybe help out where needed. My boss had me sign official quitting papers. I was kind of let down b/c I wasn't going to stay on staff. Funny b/c Saturday night was my last shift there while Saturday night was also the first night in our new bedroom. Yesterday and today I have spent LOTS of time going through things and moving things from bedroom to bedroom. I have a huge mess! However, I'm so thankful that I am now done with working my part time job so that I can give 100% of my attention to the projects going on at our house. What a blessing in disguise!

A recap of the bedroom situation in our house: Jason and I get the newly built on bedroom. Lexi will be moving to our old bedroom. Lexi's room will be the baby's room. Micala will be staying in her own bedroom in the basement. So imagine the mess with switching rooms. Yuck! Lexi currently has a twin bed, but will be getting a bigger bed when she moves into her bigger room. We got a full size mattress and box spring given to us. (someone was going to throw it away) We needed a frame and happened to get one at a garage sale for $1. :) Then came the dilemma of sheets. We didn't want to buy brand new sheets for Lexi's bed. However, I hadn't found any at garage sales. I looked at Amazon, Ebay, Walmart, etc...All of which were way higher than I had hoped for. Man sheets are expensive!!! We were just going to hold tight for awhile and see what we could come up with. Well, it turns out that a friend of ours has held on to her daughter's old bedroom set for years and it fits!!! So we got the whole bedroom set for $10.

Tonight there was a knock at the door. It was our new neighbor who was going through her daughter's clothes and wanted to know if we wanted them in case we got a girl. She had 2 full totes of clothes 0-2. If I didn't take them, she was going to take them to Salvation Army. What a blessing!! We have a friend that has given us a few small boxes of clothes from her son.  I feel such relief now having some clothes from each sex. I've always had the concern of missing "rummage season" and finding out if we need pink or blue and then having to buy everything new. Now...I don't need to worry about it. We will at least have a small pink and small blue "stash" of clothes so not everything has to be new.

This might have been a very boring post. Actually, I debated and debated about even posting it. I wasn't sure if anyone would really care to read about this. I'm just floored with all of the pieces that have just been falling into place. This truly is God's plan and He is certainly providing for us. It is AWESOME to be on this end of it and seeing things play out. Adoption certainly is NOT an easy journey. It is way harder than I ever thought it would be. God told us from the beginning that this was His plan and He would provide. I'm human so I have to doubt. Believe me, I still doubt from time to time. However, it is just totally overwhelming to me to see how the pieces continue to fall into place. Should I have doubted God's plan? To be honest, some days I wonder. I really wish I could be as trusting with all areas of my life as I have been with the adoption world. What a learning experience this is for me. God's hand is in so many of our daily blessings, but sometimes we are so busy looking elsewhere that we miss it. So, as silly as this posting might have been, I couldn't help but to post about the daily blessings we have received lately. Our God is an awesome God. I'm so glad He is unfolding His plan to us. Wow!

No comments:

Post a Comment