Saturday, May 5, 2012

Keeping it real

I have always struggled with my posts. I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but yet I want to keep it real. I don't want anyone to see just the sugar coated version, but that isn't the way it really is. I'm not sure if I should be sharing all of this, but I'm going to. Keeping it real! Keeping it real!

Yesterday was a super, super hard day for us....seriously the worst one since we have been home. Kobe threw up about 12 times in 2.5 hours. It was so often and so gut wrenching. It was hard to watch. I took him to the Bowdle ER. We were there for 3 hours and then were sent on to Aberdeen. By the time we got to Aberdeen, he was doing better. He wasn't throwing up and had actually kept some Pedialyte down. The pediatrician wanted us to go to the Aberdeen ER...so we went. After 5 hours in the Aberdeen ER, we have NO ANSWERS. Seriously?!?! It could be a milk allergy. It could be that he was constipated. Could be, could be. Then they said we should follow up in the office on Monday. I don't think so. If we spent all of that time in the ER and don't have answers, what good is it going to do to go to the clinic. Frustrating!!!!

He is on soy. We asked why he was on soy and nobody knew. So, yesterday I tried half milk based formula and half soy. It was 2 hours later that the throwing up started. I'm not sure if that was the cause or not. We could get him testing for milk allergies. I think we will just stick with soy for the next 4 months for sure. Then we will see. I'm tired of testing him.

I'm beyond exhausted on so many levels. I'm physically exhausted. I'm tired from dealing with all of this medical stuff. I feel we get the run around from the doctors, but in reality it is probably b/c they don't honestly have any answers. I stay home all day and don't get anything done. I can't get the house picked up, let alone clean. That bothers me greatly. Jason is coaching so I'm the only care provider until at least 6:30 pm.
I know things could be worse. I know things will get better. By "keeping it real" I will say that this is not easy. I don't have any room to talk about things not being easy. We have been through a lot in 3 weeks, but that is NOTHING compared to what our little guy has been through.  Even through all of this, he is a champ and brings such joy to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment