Thursday, May 10, 2012

Growing so fast

We all know that kids grow fast. I am in awe at how fast our little boy is growing. I am with him constantly and can't believe how much he is changing. We have been home almost a month and WOW! When we first came home, we had to hold his back to support him. (Even if he was 7 months old) We knew he would be developmentally delayed. We also knew he would catch up quickly. One thing about being delayed is that we still get to experience lots of his "firsts." Since he has been home, he has rolled both from stomach to back and back to stomach. He can sit up for the most part all by himself. I'm still nervous about sitting him and leaving him, but he is doing so well. There are so many things that you take advantage of when you have a biological child. Something as simple as playing with their hands and reaching for everything. When he first came home, he didn't care about his hands. He didn't explore things or his environment. Now nothing is safe and it is such a blessing. Simple things like pulling hair or pulling on my necklace is a welcomed thing. Monday he found his voice. It is so fun to listen to him. It is crazy b/c there are so many times that I need/want a break from being on constant baby patrol. If I do get out of the house, I miss my little man soooo much. I just don't know how much he will change while I'm gone. (even if I'm just gone for a couple of hours) Even with all of the health issues we have had since we have been home, our little guy continues to be so happy all of the time. (except for when he is hungry) What a blessing it is have such a happy baby! I can't share enough pictures! (Hey--I have 7 months worth of picture sharing to catch up on) What a joy this little man has been! What a true joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment