Saturday, December 17, 2011

Fun stories about moving to #1

I always have my cell phone sitting on my desk at school. I don't have the sound on at all so I don't distub anyone. ;) Randomly I'll walk by and just see if I happen to have a message. I did this yesterday afternoon and had a message from a good friend of mine, T. It said, "Are you #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Okay...this was a question, but it had exclamation marks behind it so I thought maybe this is to say, "You are #1." I thought the exclamation marks were the selling point. I was freaking out. :) I texted T back and said, "Am I?" I was wanting a reply that exact minute, but some people have lives so I had to wait. Ahhh...My school kids were watching a video so my computer was tied up. So I couldn't check any messages. After what seemed like FOREVER, the video was over and I was able to check my messages. I didn't even know where to look as there were so many messages. I happened to see a message from my friend, K, who is directly behind us on the list. She said she needed to text me b/c I was a teacher and probably didn't know anything was going on. I continued to search to see that the family in front of us had indeed received a referral. We were #1!!!! WOW!!!! I was freaking out. Thankfully God gave me a blessing. I had a volunteer in my room helping me out. She told me to go and tell Jason in person and she would watch the kids. She said, "Enjoy the moment." I went down the hallway and shared our news with Jason and all the rest of the teachers. It is sooooo very exciting!! It is even more fun to have the love, support, and excitement from others!!! After school was out, I was able to let the rest of the world know of the news. ;)

I think of our situation and I can't help but SMILE :) We have waited 17 months to be where we are. If you want to see me look like a kid in a candy store, mention our #1 spot to me and watch me just beam!! Love it!!!! I know that we went 2 months without an infant boy referral. I'm not thinking we will have that slow of an ebb, but there have been 4 referrals in December already so I'm not sure if there will be any more. Right now, I'm very comforted in the fact that the next little boy that comes into HH is BABY BISHOP!!!! :) I hope/pray that our wait at #1 is short lived. As far as I know, our agency isn't open from Christmas to New Year's which leaves next week as the last week before January. We can still hope/pray for the Christmas miracle to see our SON'S (ahhh....that is fun to say) face before Christmas. What a truly amazing gift that would be. However, I am really very happy to be in the #1 spot for Christmas.

For those that are wondering, after we get matched up it can be 3 months or so before we get to meet our little one and then 1-2 months before we get to bring him home. Please keep praying. Thanks!

On a fun note, as I'm sitting at the ball game last night it hit me....Jason is the last Bishop so we will now be able to carry on the family name. Tears!!!

2 comments:

  1. So FUN!!! I am rejoicing with you!!!! Praying for baby boy Bishop!!! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay girlfriend, SO hoping you get a referral this week!! I know either way it will be a great Christmas, but I'm still hoping and praying!:)
    ~Rory

    ReplyDelete