Friday, July 15, 2011

It is time!!!

I was beside myself waiting for our official numbers. That was silly since I was pretty sure what numbers we were at. I looked at what other people had for official numbers and compared them to the unofficial list. Also--hearing people's numbers that were close to us confirmed it, but I wanted to hear FOR SURE!!!! So there were 2 sets of siblings referred according to the list serve. One doesn't move us and one does. There was a boy referral at the beginning of the week that wouldn't be in the official numbers yet. They don't become official until the paperwork is complete. The family that got their referral at the beginning of the week had some "mystery" families in front of them so we really aren't for sure how many spots we really did move.  No matter what....we are for sure teens and single digits!!! (Even if our official numbers don't reflect that) AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Soooooo exciting!!! I can't believe it. I really haven't gotten too excited before now. Yes I would have periods of excitement, but when you are looking at months and months and maybe years down the line, it is hard to get too excited. Things are becoming real now! I am trying to live in the moment. I'm trying to just be happy. However, there is a part of me that can't help but to think that pretty soon the referrals will stop. There have been super quiet months in the referral world with 1-2 referrals the whole month. Ugh! I have purchased a few things as far as travel goes such as Pepto, Immodium, etc...I can't buy too much baby stuff as we don't know pink/blue, etc... Well, it time to sit down and make a serious list of things to buy for travel. I want to buy some of these things now. I want to spread out the costs. I know once we get a referral, then we will need to do the diapers, formula, clothes, etc...I did some rummaging this summer. I thought it would be so hard to resist baby items. I really didn't find too many things that I could have gotten. I was thinking of maybe finding onesis or burp rags, etc...I didn't find anything so I had no urge. I think that was God's way of telling me to save my money and buy what we really want when we know what we have. :) We are sooooo lucky b/c we have a friend that has given us a crib, car seat, booster seat, potty chair, gate, and high chair. I was freaking out about missing deals on rummage sales. I was freaking about having to buy ALL clothes new when we found out. Well.....I think since we have gotten all of the other big things given to us, I can buy new things and not feel bad. Wow! Wow! Wow!! So exciting!!!!  Finally this is real! Finally we can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It may still be months before we get our referral, but reality has hit me that this is really going to happen. It is SO exciting!!!!! There are about 4-5 families ahead of us that have requested a boy, girl, or siblings. That means that if they get referred a girl, the girl AND boy list moves. I know this may be confusing for those of you that don't deal with this all of the time. Feel free to ask any questions. I love to talk about it. :) It is time to get shopping for those silly little things that we will need. Most people wouldn't be excited to buy travel tissues, Lysol wipes, etc...but buying all of those things means we are that much closer to bringing our little angel home!!! :) It is time! It is time!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment