Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Agreements to be mailed

We will be getting all of the "legal" documents ready and mailed tomorrow. There are about 8 documents that need to be signed in front of a notary. One of the documents we need to sign is the agreement b/t AGCI and ourselves. There are about 3 spots that need to be signed and notarized just in that one "booklet." Really? 3 on one "booklet?" Wow! All of these important papers as well as a nice big check will be sent in tomorrow. We have to sign 2 of everything. They will sign a copy and send us copies of everything back. Fun stuff! Glad we only have to pay the postage one way. :) Then they will send us our dossier packet. This is the information we need to gather for the actual country. As far as I know, this will include things like birth certificates/marriage license/etc...HOPEFULLY all of the super time consuming stuff (like the 20 pages of questions we filled out) is over. I'm updating you on this BEFORE we mail this big/thick/heavy envelope b/c I have more time tonight to write on here. I looked back at the journal I have been writing about our adventure. It is so hard to believe we have only been in the actual process for about a month and a half. Seems like so much longer when there is so much to do and so many things for my brain to keep track of.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting to be getting the dossier stuff! I just divided it all into logical chunks and took one chunk at a time. You'll do great! Enjoy the process and most of all keep enjoying your kids! I would intentionally have to stop the paperwork and play a game with my boys:-)
    Blessings,
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete