Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Atlanta Bound

I recently booked tickets to Atlanta. There is an amazing adoption conference in January. The head of this conference is from our agency. I really wanted to go, but plane tickets from South Dakota to Georgia are not cheap. I accepted the fact I wouldn't get to go. I was very sad about it since so many of my adoptive mommy friends go and talk about it a lot. The registration was back in August. I believe it sold out in about 4 hours. The day of registration I was extremely sad. I got on Facebook and someone told me to go to my email. In my email was this message, "Your AGCI mama friends all love you SO much and we want you there! We all chipped in and I just registered you for January! I've got a check with YOUR name written on it for you to buy plane tickets and I know there are some moms who want to be your roomie! I can't wait to see you there and to give you a hug! :D" So amazing!!! It is still very overwhelming to know that these "strangers" pitched in to help out with my plane ticket. These ladies are some of my dearest friends even though we have never met. Due to the high cost of plane tickets, I know I won't be doing this again. I can't wait to go! I plan on making the most of this once in a lifetime experience. I am so thankful for these amazing friends that love me and care about me so much that they were willing to pitch in and help me to be able to to do something that I could have never done without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment