Thursday, October 11, 2012

Throwing in the towel

We feel we have been chasing the wind in regards to the past medical stuff with Kobe. He went in for liver enyzmes. I asked about constipation. The next thing I know is that he has an inflammed esphogus. Wow did we jump around a lot. Jason and I didn't really want to go through the Upper GI anyway, but when the doctor got on the phone and told Jason how important it is....we went with it. I have an adoptive dad that is a radiologist. He said that inflammation can NOT be seen in an Upper GI. What?!?!?!? Seriously!!!! We already felt we were getting the run around. We trust these doctors as we don't know medicine. Frustrated! We are very, very frustrated!!!!! We are throwing in the towel on all of this medical testing. Jason and I both feel nothing is wrong. I said yesterday we need to realize that parental instinct is right most of the time. Yes there could be something there, but I would think that we would notice some symptoms. He is happy. He is eating and drinking well. He is sleeping fine. He is developmentally on task. I just feel we would be seeing something if he didn't feel good. I know the doctors need to tell us to continue to search for the problem. I understand that is their job. They also don't want to be sued if something isn't checked for. We have done some invasive testing with this little boy who seems fine!!! I wonder how much of their findings are some what normal. These doctors don't deal with kids from a third world country on a daily basis. They don't constantly deal with kids that were very malnourished when they were first born. I'm sure both of those things have to play into his medical "workup." Time will tell. We hope we aren't missing anything and would feel awful if we stopped looking for something. We just feel we are looking for problems that aren't really there. We hope and pray we are making the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment