Monday, July 2, 2012

God's amazing love

Anyone that knows me well will know that my grandma meant the world to me. She has been gone for 9 years now. It has always bothered me that she would never meet our newest addition to our family. If you are a faithful blog follower, you will know that at our shower I got a very special gift from my grandma. (With the help of my parents) We were in the process of adopting for over 2 years before we came home. There were many times when I thought about our newest little one's baptism. In 1985, my grandma made a baptismal gown for the great grandkids to be baptized in. 23 kids have used it, including both of our girls. For a long time, I was so distraught about not being able to have my grandma at our little one's baptism and not being able to use the gown was just as bad. We did get things figured out. Jason had a solution that made me truly comfortable. This past weekend we got the box that had the baptismal gown in it. There is a blanket that has been passed around too. I thought we would use the blanket for sure. I thought I'd try the gown on just to see how much too small it was. Ummm...IT FITS!!!! Seriously what are the chances that a 9 month old baby that weighs 20 pounds would fit into this gown my grandma made 27 years ago? God's hand is totally in this. Thank you God for not only the hug from my grandma, but that Kobe will be wrapped in her love on the day that he becomes a child of God. Only a story God could write.

1 comment:

  1. This gave me goose bumps. I love how God is always in the details.

    ReplyDelete