Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Day #2

We had troubles sleeping last night. Jason was up about 5 and it wasn't long I followed and took my turn with the computer. We are having a good time, but really missing home. We both are teachers and live for snow days as much as the kids do. We have had one late start all year so far which isn't normal at all. Since we have been gone, we had a late start, early dismissal, and now no school. Seems hard to believe as we sit in our hotel room, window open, fan blowing, and wearing shorts. After some computer time, we were able to go back to sleep for an hour or two. We went down for breakfast. We were to go to HH from 9:30-12:30. When we got to HH, Kobe was very crabby. His special mother had to calm him down even. :( We sat our in the play yard with all of the kiddos that sit and play in the sun. We played with some of the other kiddos. Kobe fell asleep on me. So Jason got to play more than I did. The kids are SOOOOOO happy!!! They always are smiling and just so happy. I believe that is b/c of the great care they get from those special mothers at HH. So very neat. Kobe had 2 four oz bottles in about 2 hours worth of time. No wonder his belly is so big! He had just recently finished a bottle and was fussing as he wanted to go to sleep. So---I stuck my finger in his mouth. He sucked for a bit and out he went. :) I honestly thought at his age that there was no way he would take a pacifier when we got home, but I'm thinking maybe he will. Once the kids went in for lunch, we went to this family room and hung out. The special mothers do leave you alone when you are out with them, but it makes me nervous to be around them b/c I don't know how to take care of my own son like they do. We played dress up a bit. I seriously have no clue what size clothes to buy for him. We bought a 3-6 month old to take pictures in. That fit perfectly. (Which by the day he had on today) Then he was in 0-3 month pjs after that and they fit fine. I tried on two 6-9 month outfits. The one piece sleeper fit perfectly. The 2 piece outfit was a bit big. Good grief. We know he will grow lots right away when he is home so we will maybe have to hold out on buying some clothes. Wish I could get my hands on some rummage clothes before then. It was fun to see Kobe enjoying being around us more and more. More smiles today and coo-ing. So precious Seriously how much love can a person's heart hold for someone you just met? It is the same as when I gave birth to my girls. Love at first sight. A love so strong, words cannot describe it. I sure wish he was able to come home with us now. I know we are all anxious to be home TOGETHER!!! Tonight we go to our cultural dinner. That should be interesting. Until later...keep the prayers coming. COURT IS TOMORROW (MARCH 1) while you all sleep. We hope we can pass the first time with no glitches. We appreciate all of the love, support, and prayers. I can't wait to share pictures with all of you! God bless!

1 comment:

  1. Gus is a almost a month younger then your son and I am having the same issues with clothing it hard but such a reward.

    ReplyDelete