Monday, February 21, 2011

International Pediatrician

We need to have an international pediatrician review our child's medical information when we get our referral. I've had this on my list of things to do for quite some time. No there isn't a huge rush, but it is something that I'd like to have crossed off of my list of things to do. Our agency has recommendations as to who to use. We are also on a List Serve with others from our agency who are also adopting from Ethiopia. I posted on there to see if someone had a good experience and if they recommended a certain pediatrician.  It sounds like there are some great ones out there. I had one that we were going to use. I had called their office 2 different times and left messages and never heard anything back. That kind of bothered me, but yet I understand we aren't a huge priority at this point. I emailed a pediatrician from Ohio on Sunday night. I had some questions to ask her b/4 we made any decisions. Well, by this morning she had already written me back. :) She has adopted 3 kids from China. She asked if it was okay if she replied to my questions tomorrow as today she was at a swim meet with her kids and she didn't like to write lengthy emails via her phone. Wow!!! I'm impressed she'd take the time to write me back. I'm about 99.9% sure that this will be the one we use. It is so comforting to know that she cares enough to make time for us. This is EXTREMELY important when the time comes to use her to review our child's medical information. This may seem like no big deal, but it is just another one of those puzzle pieces that God is fitting together perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment